Arrowwood Addiction Treatment Center – Intensive Outpatient Treatment that Works
Continued Treatment for Substance Abuse: The Benefits of Intensive Outpatient Programs in Virginia
Substance abuse is a major problem in Virginia, affecting not only the individual struggling with addiction but also their loved ones and society as a whole. Overcoming addiction and remaining sober can be a daunting task, especially without the right support. Oftentimes, those struggling with addiction make excuses and avoid seeking help due to their responsibilities and obligations.
This is where intensive outpatient drug programs in Virginia come in as an ideal solution. An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a type of substance abuse rehabilitation where treatment is provided on a part-time basis, allowing individuals to return home after each session. Compared to standard outpatient programs, an IOP requires more time commitment as participants are expected to visit the treatment center for several days a week, for a few hours at a time. Unlike inpatient programs, individuals are not required to reside at the treatment facility.
We provide evidence-based treatment at our Addiction Treatment Center in Virginia.
Safe & effective medically assisted drug & alcohol detoxification services in Virginia at Arrowwood Addiction Treatment Center.
The residential inpatient program at Arrowwood was meticulously designed to address the individualized needs of each client struggling with addiction.
Alumni & Aftercare
We plan detailed and individualized outpatient treatment and continued care for sober living, we equip clients with the essential tools required for achieving long-term success.
UNDERSTANDING OUTPATIENT TREATMENT
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) for Substance Abuse Treatment
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) are a crucial element of substance abuse treatment. After finishing an inpatient program, enrolling in an IOP in Virginia can help you transition back into everyday life while continuing to work towards your recovery goals.
Typically, IOPs require attendance during weekdays, either in the morning or evening. Before joining, you will undergo an evaluation to establish your needs and create a personalized recovery plan. This plan includes a schedule of weekly therapy sessions that you must attend.
IOPs are ideal for people with less severe addictions, limited co-occurring illnesses, and a supportive home and community environment. However, it’s critical to remain highly motivated and attend all therapy sessions. Unlike inpatient programs, IOPs offer less supervision and monitoring.
We're Here to Help Virginia Recover from Addiction.
We craft unique treatment plans for each client to maintain sobriety long-term. Our rehab center in Virginia cares about you and your loved ones and we are here to help you find lasting, sustainable recovery from drug & alcohol abuse.
Why Choose Arrowwood?
Arrowwood ATC sets itself apart as more than your typical rehabilitation center. Explore how our Virginia-based drug rehabilitation center can significantly impact your path to recovery.
Our Luxurious Rehab Facility
Explore our newly constructed, cutting-edge facility. Experience the modern luxury of our Virginia-based rehabilitation center today.
Expert Addiction Treatment and Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) Offered in Virginia
For successful addiction treatment, one important step is detoxification. This process involves ridding your system of drugs or alcohol so that you can proceed with the rest of the treatment with a clear mind and body. Although many IOPs do not offer detox services, they can refer you to residential facilities, hospitals, or other detox centers in Virginia for supervised detox prior to beginning the intensive outpatient program.
IOPs throughout the state offer a variety of services, such as:
- Group Counseling: The backbone of most IOPs, group therapy is where clients spend the majority of their time. Here, individuals can provide support, learn from each other, confront or comfort each other, and those further along in their recovery often provide guidance and empathy to newer members. This type of counseling is led by a qualified therapist and focuses mainly on various aspects of recovery, including addiction education, relapse prevention, teaching effective coping skills, and the interpersonal process. Group therapy provides structure and discipline and allows individuals to interact and socialize without drugs or alcohol.
- Individual Therapy: This type of therapy mainly focuses on the individual’s substance abuse problems and their efforts to maintain abstinence. During one-on-one sessions with a therapist, the client works on correcting maladaptive behaviors. The client and therapist review what was learned in group therapy, giving the individual a chance to voice and explore more personal matters they might not have been comfortable sharing with the group. Clients also work together with the therapist to address any fears or anxiety they have as well as come up with recovery goals and coping strategies for addiction.
- Addiction Education: IOPs also spend time helping clients understand substance abuse disorder and its consequences. This includes imparting information on how drugs and alcohol affect the body and brain, withdrawal symptoms to look out for, how to handle cravings and urges, and how to deal with high-risk situations.
- Medication Management: Used in combination with psychosocial support and therapy, medication can be an effective tool in promoting sobriety during the drug treatment process. Medication can be prescribed to treat ailments caused by addiction, decrease cravings, or block a particular drug’s effect. This allows the client to concentrate on other aspects of treatment without the urge to use drugs.
- Monitoring Alcohol and Drug Use: Several IOPs conduct regular drug testing to monitor clients’ adherence to program rules and their progress in staying clean and sober. Drug testing is not meant to catch or shame clients, but rather to assess the effectiveness of therapy and deter clients from using substances.
INSURANCE CAN HELP PAY FOR REHAB.
We Work with Most Major Insurance Providers.
LASTING RECOVERY IS WAITING FOR YOU
Find Support on Your Path to Recovery with IOP Programs in Virginia
At Arrowwood Addiction Treatment Center, we understand the struggle of overcoming substance abuse. That’s why we offer our clients unparalleled support and guidance from our team of qualified and experienced treatment staff. With years of experience helping clients overcome addiction, we’re ready to do the same for you.
If you’re looking for an intensive outpatient program, we can connect you with one of our sister programs in rehab centers throughout Virginia. While Arrowwood does not offer an IOP, our team is dedicated to helping you find the best treatment options to fit your unique needs.
Don’t let addiction control your life any longer. Give us a call today and let us help you take the first step towards recovery. Our customer support team is ready to discuss your treatment options and get you on the path to a healthier, happier life.